Forum Officiel de Vélo Manager
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment :
Fnac : 2 Funko Pop achetées : le 3ème ...
Voir le deal

Team roles and tactics

2 participants

Team roles and tactics Empty Team roles and tactics

Message par Marakus Mer 21 Aoû - 8:06

Hello everybody!

I have a question and hopefully you guys can help me out!

My question is about rider roles and team tactics in a race. You have 4 roles you can choose from, Captain, Sprinter, Free rider and Team mate these roles sound quit logical. But and here comes the question ;)when you have (for example) a Captain you can give him sub tasks. But these subtasks are not logical, for example 1 of the choices is to pull the sprint for your sprinter (lead out) this is not something the captain should do but team mates (in my opnion at least). And there are more of these examples...

Can anybody explane to me what the diffrent roles and sub tasks do? How does it work, what does a teammate do, how does he help his sprinter ore captain, is there a % of his stats that het "gives" to his captain ore something like that?

I hope anybody can help!

Thank you in advance!

Marakus

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Team roles and tactics Empty Re: Team roles and tactics

Message par Kizaru Mer 21 Aoû - 11:13

I think you don't watch enough cycling.Think Wiggins for example last year for Boasson Hagen.You usually don't see Climber leaders doing the work since they just don't have the qualities to do so and it's dangerous.But take other races, for example the Eneco or the 3 days of the Panne with Chavanel leader for OPQS.He will always do the work for his sprinter.

As for how much the tasks do, just use your logic.There isn't anyone here who can tell you what "%" of stats this can give you.This is something only Tacki knows!!
Kizaru
Kizaru

Message par Marakus Mer 21 Aoû - 14:07

I do watch enough cycling, there for my question, a captain get's support he doesn't give support Wink

For example if you ride with a sprinter he needs some help in the final stage of the race. Should I wan't to give him support I need to place my leadout as a captain in order to support my sprinter. If I use logics I would not think about that simply because it is not logical Wink As for team mates, do they actually help there captain/sprinter in any way that is known?

Marakus

Message par Kizaru Jeu 22 Aoû - 9:50

Hmm you're a little confusing.I gave you examples of leaders that can help their sprinter at the end of the race.It doesn't happen most of the time IRL because they just aren't strong enough to help, but it doesn't mean it isn't realistic to be able to do so in this game.

"my leadout as a captain in order to support my sprinter" , you might want to re-phrase it because I just don't understand you.
If you think it isn't realistic to use the leader at the very end of the race to help the sprinter (which you're wrong anyway) you're free to not have the leader participate or help at all.
Teamates give a little boost to the leader when they're in the same group as him, and there's more bonus if they participate in the sprint for their sprinter.Usually in a flat stage the sprinter isn't sprinter but Leader for more bonus, and the important guys in your team can ride as free if you don't want them to help the sprinter.
Kizaru
Kizaru

Message par Marakus Ven 23 Aoû - 9:40

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your time! Smile

Your last part is exactly what I am looking for, what does what role and/or sub role (“Role” = Captain, Sprinter etc. and “Sub role” = Free, Protected and Lead out).

What I overlooked is that the “Sub roles” only apply to the final stage of the race (the sprint) and they only are available when the rider is actually selected for the sprint. So if I understand you it is like this:

- Team mates help your captain in every stage of the race, as long they are in the same group?
- Team mates help your sprinter in the last stage of the race (the sprint), as long they are in the same group?

I do have a question left:

- When I have a Sprinter and selected a rider as a Captain or Free rider and selected him aswell for the sprint, I can give him the “Sub role”: “Lead out” or “Protected” what is it that these 2 sub roles do? I can imagine that the Lead out role gives an extra boost to the Sprinter and that the Protected role means he saves himself in order to save power?

PS: As for the “discussion” if it is normal or not that the Captain helps the sprinter in the sprint (apart from this game) my answer is simple, no it is not normal. How many times did you see Jurgen Van den Broeck help André Greipel or Thibaut Pinot helping Nacer Bouhanni or Robert Gesink helping Theo Bos etc. offcourse in a rare occasion it happens but it’s not how it normally goes…

Marakus

Message par Kizaru Ven 23 Aoû - 11:43

For the first part part :
Teamates give a little boost only when they're with the leader yes.

Teamates only give a boost to the sprinter if they're with him sprinting and protecting/leadout.But the sprinter can be the leader too, as you noticed (if there isn't a sprinter).If there exist an other bonus, we sure do not know about as only Tacki knows.

Things like "protection" or "Lead Out" = just consider they give your sprinter a boost (incredibly small) in performance.It's no use to try to imagine what it would look like in real life.It's just a game.

PS: Hmm for some strange reason it seems you just don't read what I'm telling you.And I can't repeat myself 500 times.Take Pinot.Why would he ever help?He can't even take care of himself and you want him to ride in front of the peloton lol?That's suicide for everyone.As I said, weak climbers just Can't help.Wiggins can, and he did so last year with Boasson Hagen.But even when they can, they usually don't want to injure themselves trying.
Kizaru
Kizaru

Message par Marakus Dim 25 Aoû - 0:11

Thanks, for your answers! I play another cycling game for a while now and the tactics and roles are a bit more clear in there, there for I wanted to know the details in here as well Wink

And we agree on the last part lol the would be able to help in the sprint but they simply don't Wink

Marakus

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé