Forum Officiel de Vélo Manager
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -28%
Brandt LVE127J – Lave-vaisselle encastrable 12 ...
Voir le deal
279.99 €

Tactics Advice?

3 participants

Tactics Advice? Empty Tactics Advice?

Message par Lenny Bernstein Ven 25 Fév - 10:19

Hi

I'm very new to this game and am looking for advice on tactics.

Tactics for me seems to be all a little hit and miss. Generally, I tend to have one leader, backed up with around 4-6 team mates. For the leader I will tend to go Save Energy - Normal - Normal - Aggressive - Sprint, making sure I always have at least one team mate on Aggressive at each point in the race to help protect my leader. Is this similar to how other people set up their tactics?

I get the feeling that my set up works OK for longer stages, but that for shorter races, such as Cyclo Cross or a Time Trial, you need your leader to be more aggressive throughout?

And I've seen a few people set their riders to Attack on the last part of the race instead of Sprint. Does this give any particular advantage?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Lenny

Lenny Bernstein

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Tactics Advice? Empty Re: Tactics Advice?

Message par tacki Ven 25 Fév - 10:47

Hi Lenny !
What you said is, most of the time, not for from the truth !
You can try differents tactics with your riders in the same races to see which tactic is good for this race (it depends also of the others managers).

But your are in the good way !

For attack/sprint in the last part: if your attack succeed, you will win time, so it's better, but it's also more risked !
If you put sprint, your rider won't try to attack, but his rank in the group will be better than if his attack failed !

tacki
Admin

http://www.velo-manager.com

Message par Lenny Bernstein Ven 25 Fév - 11:40

Hi Tacki

Thanks very much. It's good to hear that I seem to be on the right track!

And very interesting to hear about the differences between attack and sprint in the last section of the race.

Is there a detailed guide to tactics anywhere in the french section of the forums?

Lenny Bernstein

Message par Hill Hound Dim 27 Fév - 7:23

probably the https://velo-manager.forum-pro.fr/f5-aide would be the best place to start looking.

I'd say your tactics are spot on. I noticed quite a few of the national championship races were won with attacks on the final leg. I've tried it a number of times but either it's pretty unpredictable or I'm doing it wrong as it hasn't gotten me a win yet (I suspect the more rested a rider is the better his changes of executing an attack, but that's a guess - not a fact.)
Hill Hound
Hill Hound

Message par Lenny Bernstein Mer 2 Mar - 20:48

Cheers Hill Hound. Can't find what I'm looking for in the French section, but then my french is pretty basic.

Haven't really tried the Attack option yet, but seem to be picking up results without it, so think I'll leave it for now...

Lenny Bernstein

Message par Hill Hound Mer 2 Mar - 23:32

I've been experimenting with Attack on last stretch of race, but only for riders with weaker skills for the finishing terrain. That might be my problem!
Hill Hound
Hill Hound

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé